[Kde-games-devel] Size grips

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 19 05:20:45 CEST 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:41 am, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> > > After your message, Ian, I was thinking about adding size grips to the
> > > games I maintain.
> > > Well, Matt is right, I think we should consult some usability person
> > > (Aaron, are you reading this?) before adding sizegrips throughout
> > > kdegames...
> >
> > +1 here, I believe Ian's observation should be extended too all KDE apps
> > that have status bars. This is probably something to be raised during
> > aKademy.
>
> Thanks for the wave of support, guys.  I was about to give up on this
> small but helpful feature.  I won't be at aKademy, unfortunately.  So
> who with or where should I pursue this issue further?

i think you're in the right place on this list. i'd recommend trying it out in
games first and we can see how it goes from there.

there are a number of interface experiments happening around kde in 4.0 some
of which will make it into kdelibs and/or the HIG and others which will
probably be abandonned (can't win 'em all; that's why they are
called "experiments")

> BTW, there is another way to do resizing handles - not depending on

that's dependant on the window deco theme, of course, and can't really be
controled by the app due to how (as you now) x11 separates the content of the
window from the window management itself.

> a little way outside the frame, IIRC, so as not to hide any of the
> window contents.  Apologies for the history lesson ...
>
> Yours dinosaurially, Ian W. :-)

oh man. since i actually remember using these what does that make me?

love, your co-saurian.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se