[Kde-games-devel] What new game would you like?

Sun Jun 17 10:03:34 CEST 2007

> Moreover, after I've seen beautiful Crazy Machines (which is kind of a
> clone
> of TIM) and after I noticed that it uses OpenDynamics engine that is open
> sourced.....

If the physics enginecan be stolen, the effort would be reduced by a _lot_.

But I thought that it would be difficult to write levels for it. They need
> scale from easy to complex, and that's not an easy task to cope with.
> Are you saying that there's some common level format for Incredible
> Machine
> and that some levels maybe taken from it (after permission of persons in
> charge of course)?

I don't know about level formats, but if one gets permission, reconstructing
the
level from a screenshot should be easy. The main issue would probably be the
creation of medium to hard levels. The first three 'pop a balloon,
optionally
employing a fan' levels should be designed easy enough. If extragear and
HotNewStuff are used correctly, the good designs should filter themselves
out
rather fast, anyway..

Richard