[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability related question

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Tue Jun 12 20:15:11 CEST 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> using the same widget that dolphin or amarok uses to show such information at
> the bottom of the window would be perfect, imho. it's visible, obvious,
> non-intrusive and goes away eventually on its own.

Are you talking about the information-pane-type-thingy? I do not know
its name (anyone?), but I also think it is a good option to communicate
back to the player in a standard way, in situations where the status bar
does not cut it.

> as for asking for the name, i'd say just default to the user's login (that's
> trivial to get via:
>
> KUser user;
> QString name = user.fullName();
>
> if (name.isEmpty()) {
>      name = user.loginName();
> }
>
> voila, a default name. offer a menu item to change the name (or via the high
> score dialog itself?

Matt can correct me if I am wrong, but asking for the name is optional
in a KScoreDialog, isn't it?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini