[Kde-games-devel] Saving overheads when resizing SVG

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 00:46:41 CEST 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Ian Wadham wrote:
> What it amounts to is that we cannot use this flag to detect when we
> have more than one resize event to handle, IMO.

it's not fool proof, no, but it can help avoid unecessary resize triggered
actions.

> See above, re what I think is the real meaning of "pending" in this case.
> Both KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube get two events in the case above,
> when the window was maximised at the time of the last quit.

> KAtomic only
> gets one event, though if you quit again and start again it then gets two.

with the inclusion of the check for Qt::WA_PendingResizeEvent, KAtomic only
resizes once.

> Another point is that neither KDE3.5 nor KDE4 main window remembers the
> "restore" size after you quit when maximized.  So if you maximize, quit and
> later restart, the best you can get from a restore is a minimum/default
> size.

yes, it would be nice to save and restore this information as well; it would
also be nice if restoring maximized windows worked at all in kde4 ;) it seems
to be broken right now. kmainwindow is doing the right thing, but
KWindowSystem/NET::WindowInfo is failing us... i'll talk to lubos about these
issues..

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se