[Kde-games-devel] KGameCanvas --> QGraphicsView adapter

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:28:24 CEST 2007

Hi all,
for those of you who use KGC, it may be interesting to know that I've
written a very simplistic (but working) KGC --> QGV adapter.
Basically, it is a class you can use just like a KGameCanvasGroup, but
paints itself as a QGraphicsItem.
Possible uses are:
- Integrating a KGC-based component in a QGV design. For example,
KWelcomeScreen by me and Riccardo Iaconelli will probably be KGC-based
(at least, the current code surely is), so you are going to need the
adapter to use it in QGV-based games.
- Plasmoidizing a KGC-based game. I did it for Kollision
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK5rhHnDE0M).

It degrades performance a bit, so I suggest that it be used only for
integration and code-reuse.

The code is quite unpolished, and depends on some changes in KGC. If
you people are interested, I'm going to fix it and check it in.

Any comments are welcome,

Paolo