[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: KDE/kdegames/katomic

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 01:20:28 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:46 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > we're using .desktop files as well. of course, in plasma ...
>
> Sorry about teaching grandma to suck eggs ... :-)
>
> > perhaps the kdegame theme .desktop entries could also be made a bit
> > more "standard" (i use that term loosely in this context) for things like
> > the author name, email, etc.. see:
> >
> > http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKPluginInfo.
> >ht ml
>
> Should we *all* be using the global standard ("latest" = Feb 2007)?
>
>     http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/
>
> In that context should we gamers be using "Comment=" not "Description="
> (though scripty accepts either) and something like Type=KDEGameTheme,

that would probably be "best", though obviously not required

> with the group being [Desktop Entry]?  For our non-standard keys (including
> "Author="), a prefix (e.g. X-KDE-) or a separate group is required.
> Personally I would prefer the separate group idea.

The only argument for keeping things in [Desktop Entry] is that if we use
KPluginInfo and KService things Just Work. probably kdegames themes don't
care one bit about that, but it might be nice to be consistent with all the
other add on types that do need this.

Something we can discuss at the aKademy BoF perhaps. personally, i'm happy
with whatever you decide; it's your stuff after alll =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se