[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: KDE/kdegames/katomic

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 1 00:29:09 CEST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:46 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> we're using .desktop files as well. of course, in plasma ...

Sorry about teaching grandma to suck eggs ... :-)

> perhaps the kdegame theme .desktop entries could also be made a bit
> more "standard" (i use that term loosely in this context) for things like
> the author name, email, etc.. see:
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKPluginInfo.ht
>ml

Should we *all* be using the global standard ("latest" = Feb 2007)?

    http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/

In that context should we gamers be using "Comment=" not "Description="
(though scripty accepts either) and something like Type=KDEGameTheme,
with the group being [Desktop Entry]?  For our non-standard keys (including
"Author="), a prefix (e.g. X-KDE-) or a separate group is required.
Personally I would prefer the separate group idea.

Cheers, Ian W.