[Kde-games-devel] Error in KMines game

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 04:59:59 CEST 2007

On 7/27/07, Matt Williams <matt at milliams.com> wrote:

> OK, well I've not been able to reproduce this crash.
>
> Does it only happen with KMines or has it been seen with other games? Under
> what circumstances does it occur? Does it only/never happen when adding a new
> score (i.e. not when just viewing the table)? Does it only/never happen when
> there are more than one group on the table? Do you always/never see either of
> the following messages just before the crash:
> "libkdegames (Highscores): The current high score group "Foo"
> isn't in the list, adding it"
> "libkdegames (Highscores): Removing group "Foo" since it's
> unused."
> Does it always/never happen the first time adding a new score after starting
> the game?

Hey all,

I just ran into this bug. I'll give you all the info I can.

- I was playing KMines.
- I had just beat the "Hard" difficulty for the very first time.
- Got the following on the terminal:

libkdegames (Highscores): The current high score group "Hard" isn't in
the list, adding it
libkdegames (Highscores): Removing group "players" since it's unused.
libkdegames (Highscores): Removing group "scores_easy" since it's unused.
ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file
/home/parker/kde4/install/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 371

- My kminesrc seems to be somewhat corrupted. A copy is attached. Note
the duplicate #_Time and #_time entries. As you can see, I had only
played (and won) a few games previously. Also, this file had been in
use for a few previous KDE4 builds, but never with KDE3.

I hope that is of some use to you. If you have any additional
questions I'd be glad to help out.

Parker

PS: I just noticed what seems to be a bug in KMines. I started a
KMines game this morning and happened to forget about it for several
hours while I was out of the house. When I got back I discovered that
the timer at the bottom of the screen seemed to have rolled over and
was now reading only 40:11.