[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg tile matching "bug"

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Fri Jul 27 21:56:46 CEST 2007

As can be seen from the attached screenshot there is a "bug" in the matching
logic in KMahjongg. It only seems to affect the floral tiles (i.e. not the
bamboo-numbered, dot-numbered or others).

The "bug" is that SEASON_1 will match up with SEASON_2, SEASON_3 and SEASON_4
but not another SEASON_1. I think it's the same with FLOWER_1,2,3,4.

This is the same as it is in KDE3 so I'm not quite sure it's a bug as such
though it does seem strange that for most of the tiles you match a '2' to
another '2' and a '4' to another '4' but for the SEASON_ and FLOWER_ tiles
it's the opposite.

If this is the correct rules then I think it needs to be mentioned somewhere.

On a side note, there are two things that need to be sorted for KDE4: the
white dragon tile is blank in the new tile-set and the 'show removed tiles'
option does nothing.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com