[Kde-games-devel] Error in KMines game

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Fri Jul 27 20:14:05 CEST 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 23:49:56 Matt Williams wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 23:42:56 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Spent more them 5hours :D playing Kmines. With (my) new theme(s) the game
> > is quite engaging ;)
> > Well there is a small problem with is. Sometimes the game just dies
> > printing this in the console:
> > -------------------<code-------------------
> > libkdegames (Highscores): The current high score group "Medium" isn't in
> > the list, adding it
> > ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range",
> > file /usr/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 371
> > ------------------/>-------------------------
> >
> > Could anyone please take a look at this qlist.h to see what's wrong with
> > it? The error itself does not come up too often thought. Out of 20 games
> > maybe once, or twice.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Eugene
> > [it-s]
>
> That's a bug in KScoreDialog or KHighscore. I'll look into it.

OK, well I've not been able to reproduce this crash.

Does it only happen with KMines or has it been seen with other games? Under
what circumstances does it occur? Does it only/never happen when adding a new
score (i.e. not when just viewing the table)? Does it only/never happen when
there are more than one group on the table? Do you always/never see either of
the following messages just before the crash:
"libkdegames (Highscores): The current high score group "Foo"
isn't in the list, adding it"
"libkdegames (Highscores): Removing group "Foo" since it's
unused."
Does it always/never happen the first time adding a new score after starting
the game?

It's tricky to debug since some of this code has been in there for 9 years! so
any help on exactly what situation causes the crash would be helpful. I'm
thinking I might rewrite the internals for 4.1 though.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com