[Kde-games-devel] Error in KMines game

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Jul 27 01:25:07 CEST 2007

Matt Williams wrote:
>> -------------------<code-------------------
>> libkdegames (Highscores): The current high score group "Medium" isn't in
>> the list, adding it
>> ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range",
>> file /usr/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 371
>> ------------------/>-------------------------
>>
>> Could anyone please take a look at this qlist.h to see what's wrong with
>> it? The error itself does not come up too often thought. Out of 20 games
>> maybe once, or twice.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eugene
>> [it-s]
>
> That's a bug in KScoreDialog or KHighscore. I'll look into it.

It might be a bug in KScoreDialog or not: it depends if the highscores
message is being displayed immediately after the crash, is it?
Eugene: if you want to track it down, you can launch the game under gdb,
the debugger. Type

gdb kmines

And when it loads, type:

run

KMines will then execute inside the debugger. Instead of crashing, it
will stop when the crash happens. You will see additional info in the
console. Type:

backtrace

And you will get a list of the calling stack. This is useful to help
developers identify quickly exactly which method caused the error.

I have not seen this particular issue yet, btw, but I will try to
reproduce it.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini