[Kde-games-devel] Usability review and advice for kdegames

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:00:26 CEST 2007

2007/7/26, Nicolas Roffet <nicolas-kde at roffet.com>:
> Hi Mauricio, hi Dmitry,
Hi, Nicolas!
> > I like it in the center as well for game over... Maybe you can make it
> > 90% or 85% opaque, like the KBlocks one? This can be enough to let the
> > user see the underlying field solution, perhaps...
>
> Good idea!
Yup. Done.

> That's my wish. Not more. Am I clear? Do you have reasons against it? I
> don't
> see any... yet!
Me too :). Done

> > Of course, the label needs to be a bit wider in this case to accomodate
> > the close widget. I am not sure if this is needed, however.
Me too. (yeah, I'm good at repeatedly typing same words :))

I can't fully explain why, but I just have no motivation in
implementing this now :).
And I don't feel like it is needed also. Well. If someone *really*
wants this, he can do it.
But personally I think that it is good just to click :). Simple and cute :)

> We should think about this... The main question is: Is it a problem if the
> pop-up remains displayed because the mouse is over it and the user doesn't
> know this and doesn't move the mouse and just waits...? Maybe it's not a
> problem and we don't need to do anything...
Have you seen how it is done in amarok?
They have a litle vertical blue indicator - it indicates how much time
left before widget will
disappear. It is nice, but currently I don't want to implement this.
It just feels too much for such a small items. Well, perhaps in
future...

> ( -> But what about if he clicks on the message instead of wainting?... ,-)
Yes. That might solve the issue.

Btw it is interesting if at least someone on kde-usability have *read*
our call for help. No answers so far... :)

Cheers,
Dmitry