[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 21 07:04:16 CEST 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:31 pm, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> - There are now fadein and fadeout effects on level change.

Wow, Luciano, that *was* a nice surprise! :-)

> Things I'd like to have in KDE 4.0
> - Change the theme format.

The games seem to be fairly evenly divided between "pics",
"themes" and no graphics subdir at all, at the moment, but I see
no reason not to move "pics" to "themes" in KGoldrunner SVN.
It would affect only about 4 lines of code.

For subdirs below "themes", I can see your point, especially
when it comes to sound files.  I presume every sound has to
be a separate file.  However, I think the present *.desktop file
format could handle what you propose just by having entries like:

    FileName=default/kgr_default.svg
    DigSound=default/dig.ogg
    RunnersFile=common/kgr_runners.svgz

> However, I'm leaving for a two week trip next sunday, so I'll not be able
> to work on KGoldrunner until the 6 of august.

Have a great trip, Luciano!

Cheers, Ian W.