[Kde-games-devel] Module policy for kdegames4

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Wed Jan 31 19:12:15 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 00:42:34 Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:53 am, Matt Williams wrote:
>
> I'll build it and try it out.

I hope you like it :D

> > > Is this the game otherwise known as the French Polytechnic School
> > > Game?
> >
> > Yes, it sounds very much like the same game. It's called all manner of
> > names but I've always called it squares and I get to name the program :).
>
> Sure.  FPSG is a real mouthful anyway.  Maybe refer to it in the handbook.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I read the handbooks for the games in this module
more than any other set of applications in KDE because I often load up a game
having never played it before and so have no idea of the rules etc. I've
already got the bare bones of a handbook written so I'll add this information
sometime soon.

> If one or two people like your game and it's not the same as some
> other game we have and it jumps a few hurdles to make it a fully
> fledged KDE application and you are prepared to commit to future
> maintenance, KSquares will have a good chance of getting in to
> KDE Games and will get my vote at least (but I do not decide these
> things on my own: we're democratic here, I believe).  I'll tell you
> more after I have had a look at your game.

Well I guess the meeting tomorrow will be a good time to bring this up.

> All the best, Ian W.
>
> P.S. Please note our monthly IRC meeting is on at 7 pm Thursday
> UTC.  You might like to attend.  I'll be in Australia asleep at that time.

I'm gonna try to make the meeting. Even if I'm not there in person, I'll be
connected to IRC and idling the channel so I read what happened when I get
home from university.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com