[Kde-games-devel] Module policy for kdegames4

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 31 01:42:34 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:53 am, Matt Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 02:08:43 Ian Wadham wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:42 pm, Matt Williams wrote:
> > > I was wondering if it would be possible for KSquares to be looked at
> > > for inclusion in KDE Games 4? ... <snip> It's currently residing
> > > in /trunk/playground/games/ksquares and is fairly mature already.

I'll build it and try it out.

> > Is this the game otherwise known as the French Polytechnic School
> > Game?
> Yes, it sounds very much like the same game. It's called all manner of
> names but I've always called it squares and I get to name the program :).

Sure.  FPSG is a real mouthful anyway.  Maybe refer to it in the handbook.

> So, what's the process of getting it moved into the module? Who's the
> module maintainer as I guess I should email them?

Please do not be put off by Jaison's comments.  I think he is having
a bad day :-(  In reality, coolo (Stephan Kulow), is alive and well and
working on kpat (Patience or Solitaire games), but he is also a very
senior person in KDE now (if there *are* ranks in KDE), so please do
not email him.  KDE Games maintenance is more of a group and
individual effort at the moment, but this list has been a bit quiet of late.
I suppose people are busy ... but you are writing to the proper place.

If one or two people like your game and it's not the same as some
other game we have and it jumps a few hurdles to make it a fully
fledged KDE application and you are prepared to commit to future
maintenance, KSquares will have a good chance of getting in to
KDE Games and will get my vote at least (but I do not decide these
things on my own: we're democratic here, I believe).  I'll tell you
more after I have had a look at your game.

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. Please note our monthly IRC meeting is on at 7 pm Thursday
UTC.  You might like to attend.  I'll be in Australia asleep at that time.