[Kde-games-devel] Tabs in KHighScroeDialog?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 16 03:59:18 CET 2007

Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I am working on a game that has several "difficulties" (board sizes,
>> bigger = harder), so I want to track high scores by board size. Is this
>> do-able with kdegamelibs, or do I need to write my own high score board
>> sort-of like e.g. KReversi? Or would it be better to just have the 'high
>> scores' menu make you pick a board size?
>
> Something like this is supported in the extended version of KHighScore
> (KExtHighscore), already in libkdegames, and used for example in KMines.
> Have a look at it to see if it suits your needs. I am not sure the
> implementation is complete, and I heard comments that it is a bit
> overengineered for some cases. But using it and maybe improving or
> maintaining it is probably better than writing a complete new one, imo.

Eheh, yup, that's exactly the 'overkill' I was thinking about.
(Histograms?) Hmm, did I hear a suggestion that kdegamelibs could use a
little love, though? Unfortunately I don't have the ability to build
KDE4 ATM (no room on this machine! :-(), but I am hoping to port to KDE4
eventually, so maybe I will go the 'roll your own' route. Hopefully then
I can make something 'in between' for KDE4.

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)