[Kde-games-devel] KBounce was Re: KWin4 Status

Tomasz Boczkowski tboczkowski at onet.pl
Tue Feb 20 18:32:27 CET 2007

The jumpy behaviour of QGV when a large number of objects is moved also
occurs in qt's examples ( eg. elasticnodes ), so it must be an internal
bug.

There are several solution to this problem for kbounce:
1) Use OpenGL rendering in QGraphicsView, but kdegames cannot rely on
graphics accelerator
2) Use kgamecanvas and friends
3) Use QGV as it is and wait until Qt 4.3

The second solution seems to be most resonable, but doesn't the usage of
various canvas frameworks in one kdegames package lead to inconsistency?

Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> However, in this game you will run into the same problem I ran when
> porting KGoldRunner to QGV. There is no way to do partial background
> invalidation, so when you start a wall you will see full view redraws,
> and high cpu usage.

I have cleaned up the code and done class redesign. Now wall is a
separate QCanvasItem, so building it doesn't change the background. I'll
send the patch as soon as I get rid of performance issues.

Regards
  Tomasz Boczkowski