[Kde-games-devel] KWin4 Status

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Feb 19 16:44:02 CET 2007

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre wrote:
> 1) i have also the CPU bug (in fact, this is so hight... it almost avoid me
> to play more with it... or work on graphics).

I have just fixed it in SVN, the game is now back to using 3-5% of cpu
on my laptop machine (down from 70% before.) This is still a bit more
than the 3.5 version, but on par with other games that have been
converted to QGV, and very playable.

DEBUGGING HINT: you can type

export QT_FLUSH_PAINT=1

in the command line before you launch any QT app to see the update
rects, it is useful sometimes to debug screen updates and painting, and
help determine what is causing the high cpu usage. To go back, just

export QT_FLUSH_PAINT=0

when you are done.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini