[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:52:06 CET 2007

I oxygen-ified the colors.  The only one that isn't in the oxygen palette is
> the beige--oxygen gives short shrift to browns.  How do you create a
> palette
> without biege??? ;-(

I didn't made it, and i know it is something hard to follow a palette color,
but this is a must to keep the harmony between apps. And even with a
palette, we must try to keep the original color saturation, hue, ...

I could create the proper beige using only the oxygen
> colors, through torturous use of colored gradients and transparency (can
> you
> say "ugly hack").

no we musn't  create others colors by mixing ones, we must use the originals
one. I know theses rules are limiting the artistic's freedom (yours like
mine), but kmine is not a single app, it's only a part of a bigger project,
KDE,  and if every apps is using its own colors,  KDE will be a mess for the
eyes. This is the same things for lights and shaddows position (something to
fix too, i think i will do after). On Oxygen, light is comming from the
top-right.

Also, I like my blue better than the closest oxygen
> equivelent.

maybe, but that not the point i fear ;)

IMO, I think we should use the oxygen colors as much as possible, but should
> allow ourselves the license to deviate from them when an oxygen color just
> doesn't do the trick.  I submit that my use of beige, and maybe the blue,
> is
> one of these cases. ;-)

Lol .

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.  I made green squares for the
> minefield--it works, but it leans to the ugly side of the tracks, imo.
>
> Do you mean a green border in the "cubes" style?

I mean green cubes.

They have certainly been around for a long time, though they are still being
> used in *new* devices. Every digital watch, timer, digital alarm clock.
> Pinball machines. Most VCR/DVD/stereos. Many telephones.

I mean for computer. I'm not in the god's minds, but I think LCD type
letters will be removed everywhere on KDE (clock, ...). You could work for
nothing, even if i'd like to see what you have in mind.