[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Sat Feb 10 08:43:06 CET 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 11:36:22 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Yes, that is my initial feeling. But on the other hand, the default font
> sometimes looks ugly, and it is a bit more difficult to get perfect
> alignment for all face types, depending on the metrics. So it is
> something we need to consider as well. Ultimately I am not against
> including number shapes in the theme, as this can lead to very
> interesting themes imo. Think about a medieval theme, or a Japanese one,
> where the numerals would match the current style. The oxygen theme could
> have its typical shading in the numbers as well. Having always the same
> system font for all of the themes start to look non-optimal if you
> consider these scenarios. hum...

I have uploaded my KMines work-in-progress svg.  See:
http://www.marktaff.com/tmp/kmines_oxygen.20070209.2330.svgz   171KiB*

I think I pretty much have the tiles licked.  I've added numbers as well, and
have begun work on laying out basic shapes for the border.

There are many mini-boards to illustrate the pieces in action.

Still TODO:

Finish borders.
Implement Multi-Segment display (probably 11 segment) for score and timer.
Create wallpaper(s) for background of main widget.

Comments?

Regards,

Mark

*no linked graphics, so should work OK.