[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Feb 9 18:15:47 CET 2007

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre wrote:
 > Why? other games have a background too (katomic, knetwalk...). And the
 > background is just in the SVG itself.

In KMahjongg users can configure backgrounds and tilesets separately,
and the same is (or was?) possible in other apps for the KDE3 series,
like Kpat.

But you have a point, it might be better to consider the background an
integrated part of the theme, at least for some applications. So the
question turns into theme selection and switching, which is easier to
plan. For KMines I will add additional elements, then:

-Background
-Playfield delimiters - frame (corners, top, left, right, bottom)
-Score and Timer areas
-Smiley button states

The metadata theme file (.desktop) would contain localizable data and
metrics for the elements, much like the current ones used for KMahjongg
tilesets,

Theme authors will then be more or less free to implement these elements
with transparency or not, or simply not include some elements if they do
not fit their overall goal. With something like this I guess you would
be able to implement a design based on the mockup you posted, right?

Regards,
Mauricio