[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 09:09:28 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 10:21:10 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Hi, guys. Due to peer pressure :), I have just committed the initial
> implementation of SVG theme loading in KMines.
>
> Dirk wrote:
> > I like it, but I think in case of KMines it's important to keep
> > something "classic". Although different themes may be overhead.
>
> I agree with Dirk here. The initial theme I checked in is just the SVG
> version of the current KDE3 implementation, see a ref (PNG) showing
> current elements (including those drawn by code) and the SVG elements
> that will replace them at

I have uploaded a screenie of a work in progress oxygen theme for KMines, just
to keep you guys abreast of where I'm at.  Everything in the screenie is in
svg, save for the ocean background.

http://www.marktaff.com/tmp/kmines.oxygen.svg.20070208.png   370KiB

I realize the code is nowhere close to using this yet (or maybe ever), but you
get an idea of what KMines could be like.  The tiles I use have transparent
middles to facilitate various backgrounds.  I also did a quick outline of a
landmine in addition to the usual sea mine.

I am planning on adding tiles for borders as well.

Regards,

Mark