[Kde-games-devel] [Patch] Fix QPainter usage

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 27 13:26:56 CET 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:16 pm, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Well, I hope there are no new surprises. I'd like to try to render to
> pixmaps directly (isntead on QImages), since it should be possible to do so
> wit Qt4, and it should use the hardware acceleration for rendering
> operations. I hope such a change will not disrupt the Windows port again.

I am sure there were some reasons we did NOT render to QPixmaps
directly, to do with handling alpha (extensively used in our SVG
graphics) and to do with speed and fidelity of rendering (hence
use of QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied).

Do you recall the details of that design decision, Mauricio?

Cheers, Ian W.