[Kde-games-devel] bugs from bugs.kde.org notification to the list

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:57:20 CET 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 21:31:36 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Personally i prefer to have the maintainer as default bug owner of the bugs
> of a given game as he is the one that cares about that game bug. Of course
> that does not prevent him for asking help on a given issue.
>
> And that is becuase if you assign work to a given person it'll be done more
> fast than if you assign it to a comitee (mailing list).

Ah, so that is done by assigning bugs not to a single person, but to a mailing
list? Didn't guessed that myself :)

I thought about the picture like:
- All app mainteners get bugs assigned to them in regular order
- Mailing list receives a copy of each bug, so others are aware of bugs coming
and perhaps can give some hint or whatever to maintainer.

Another issue:
- who is assigned maintainer of libkdegames (hmm, actually I can figure that
out myself)

For example recently I got a bug filed against katomic, that KScoreDialog
behaves wrongly. It is obviously not a katomic bug, but libkdegames one. I
tried to assign it to Matt William's email, but it appears that bugzilla
doesn't know him. What to do in this case?
For now I just moved this bug to libkdegames product.

Cheers,
Dmitry.

P.S. I just thinked: why can't we put a kde-games-devel at kde.org as default CC
for each bug? This would behave exactly like I described above.