[Kde-games-devel] Kapman Display

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 17:35:41 CET 2007

Alex Galinier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a problem with Kapman display.
>
> When the Maze gets too big, the kapman is slowed (it takes about 4 seconds to cross the maze from north to south at normal times, and about 10 sec when slowed)  on a laptop with a 1280x800 resolution.
>
> We just tried it on a PC with a 1280x1024 resolution and the problem is slightly different. On this computer the kapman is slowed when the maze reaches a specific size but it goes back to normal when we continue to enlarge the window .
> We would say that the slowness appears when the maze is about the size of the real SVG picture we use (559x672 I think) but we're not sure.
>
> Besides some of us have graphical bugs, white lines printed in the tail of the kapman sometimes when it moves.
>
> Does anyone have any idea about it? or Could someone try to reproduce it?
>
> Regards
>
> The KapTeam !

Seems like you are using a scaled view in your QGV-based code. You do
not want to do this on X for an action game, as everything will slow
down considerably. Instead, try doing what other games (like KBlocks)
do: recalculate your scene size and elements, and always keep the scene
and view in sync, without scaling.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini