[Kde-games-devel] Names of KTubering playgrounds

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Dec 1 10:09:58 CET 2007

Am Samstag 01 Dezember 2007 08:05:01 schrieb Yukiko Bando:
> The names of KTubering playgrounds (Potato Guy, The Moon, and Train
> Valley, translated in desktop_kdegames.po) are displayed as "?????" in
> Japanese locale. There seems to be an encoding problem.
>
> I have kdegames revision 742894 installed in Mandriva Cooker. Does the
> problem exist in other distributions as well?

Yes, latest trunk compiled from sourced in a gutsy system in german.

Encoding for the same string "Kartoffelknülch" (de translation of ktuberling)
works in the k-menü (string/translation from ktuberling.desktop), but not in
menuitems (strings/translations from theme files ktuberling/pics/*.desktop).

I guess this is broken since  r719177 by Albert (aacid:" switch to
using .desktop names for providing translations instead of hardcoding names
in layout...")

Alan removed "Encoding=UTF-8" in r740644 (winterz:"remove deprecated
Encoding") in all desktop files, but this somehow works only with the desktop
files, but not with the themes files.

I tested ktuberling with the "Encoding=UTF-8" entry in default_theme.desktop,
but encoding is still wrong :-(

Burkhard Lück