[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability issue

Burkhard Lehner Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de
Tue Aug 14 10:47:01 CEST 2007

2007/8/14, Luciano Montanaro <mikelima at gmail.com>:

> Il Tuesday 14 August 2007 02:26:26 Ian Wadham ha scritto:
>
> > I would suggest that KScoreDialog should *always* save new high
> > scores when you close the form, no matter how you got to that point
> > and even if you do not enter a name.  The alternative, if someone
> > really does *not* want to save the new high score, is to have a
> > Cancel button, but I think that should not be necessary in this case.
> >

> Right. It should always have one single "Close" button, that hides the
> dialog
> (and saves the high score).

There may be situations where someone does not want to save the high score.
I think of someone playing on a friend's computer, and who does not want to
disturb the high score list. Or in an office, where the employee does not
want anyone to know that he played games during business hours. :-)

So, I think there should be the option to NOT save the high score. There may
be two buttons "Cancel without saving" and "Save and Close" (no, that is
ambiguous, since "Close" could also mean to exit the game). Maybe just
"Don't save" and "Save"?

Just my two cents,
Burkhard