[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 10 01:10:55 CEST 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:54 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
> > AND, the real killer, I have lost all of my existing high score data ...
> >
> In the case of KGoldrunner, I think it is a pity to miss this
> opportunity (KDE 3->KDE 4) for the migration, as this is probably the
> best time ever to do an incompatible change the causes older highscores
> to be lost. But I understand and respect your desire to keep them.
> If I can give you only one suggestion, is to get rid of the prompt
> saying that the user MUST enter a name when a game is finished.

Hey, just enter "x" ... :-) ... or maybe I'll default it to "?" for KDE4 ...

> I do not care much about keeping highscores ...

Me neither.  It's the *level* one reaches and the challenge of individual
levels that takes over one's interest, especially when one realises that
the game is often about manipulating enemies and getting them to
help collect the gold.

I am not anxious to discard high-score data, however, because in this
game it takes *hours* of play to create just one really good high score.
So the loss could be quite annoying for some people out there.

Cheers, Ian W.