[Kde-games-devel] kwin4->libkdegames error [was: Status of games in SVN]

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 12 20:12:59 CEST 2007

Alle 20:05, giovedì 12 aprile 2007, Martin Heni ha scritto:
> The AI crashed due to a bug in the libkdegames. The Qt3->Qt4 conversion
> introduced a memory error where data was written to unallocated memory in
> the interprocess communication handler.

Ack, porting errors...

> I fixed this and kwin4 seems to run fine now for the AI.

Good!

> Actually, the game does now crash on exit with another KGame error when
> destructing the KGamePropertyHandler - me/someone has to see why it does
> this now :-(

This shows another thing we still miss for the various parts of libkdegames:
(auto)tests. Having them would simplify a bit the search for errors and
crashes. So, if you plan to work on libkdegames, eg trying to fix or improve
some part (kgame, for example), please consider writing (auto)tests.
... may I have to add that you can always ask us for any doubt? ;)

--
Pino Toscano