[Kde-games-devel] Status of games in SVN

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Apr 11 01:18:16 CEST 2007

Pinaraf wrote:
> A game can be also finished and even won :)

Hey, great. I do not know enough about Konquest to evaluate if the
gameplay was complete! And the computers killed each other pretty fast :)

> But I don't really know what you mean with "layout needs some adjustments"...

I am talking about what happens when you resize the main window. There
is a background that fills just the middle portion (there are black
bands on top and bottom.) But it bleeds outside the grid area. The
problem is that the grid play area does not center, it remains on glued
to the left border. Guess a screenshot shows this better:

http://www.tabuleiro.com/mauricio/konquest.png

A suggestion: maybe make the background fill only the grid area? And
center it, leaving the borders black? Anyway, it is relatively minor,
Johann could probably suggest the best strategy.

> And what would you like to be themable ? The planets and the background ?

Yes, in principle having theme support is something we agreed is desired
for KDE 4. This way people can create new themes even for accessibility
purposes, like a high contrast theme for the visually impaired, or a
color-blinded friendly theme. In the last IRC meeting I was trapped :)
and agreed to write the theme-switch dialog, btw... hopefully will have
some time next week to do it.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini