[Kde-games-devel] Status of games in SVN

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Tue Apr 10 19:59:53 CEST 2007

Kleag wrote:
> Le mardi 10 avril 2007, Mauricio Piacentini a écrit :
>> Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
>> not following the guidelines we established for KDE4, maybe it should be
>> moved to playground until it is adopted and brought up to the level of
>> the more mature ones. Users would still be able to continue running the
>> KDE3 version, as they do now. Is this reasonable, or is there an obvious
>> flaw in this idea?
> Will the distributions package playground games ? This position sounds like a
> message saying "not ready for distributuion"...

Distros are free to do what they want, but in this case by moving the
game to playground or unmaintained I think the message we are passing is
that we do not feel that these games are up to the level of what we
defined as desireable for KDE4, for one reason or another. Which is
basically the truth :)
I would very much prefer to have fewer games of higher quality and
polish available with KDE 4.0, and gradually add newer ones (or rescued
ones with improvements) in KDE 4.1, 4.2, 4.3. Specially for the games
already available in KDE3, I do not see why we should hurry, as users
can continue to run them as they are! I think this approach is
consistent with the answers we get in the poll last November (quality
over quantity.) But it is up to the review team to decide, of course.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini