[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdegames/kshisen (now with the snapshot url!)

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Thu Apr 5 05:12:26 CEST 2007

Jeremy Wick wrote:
>> i can "select" the two tiles in the bottom row with 4 and circle and make
>> them dissapear, but with the "slide tiles" option enabled they can't be
>> clicked and deleted, is that a bug or intended?
>
> Yes this is intended, i forgot to mention it again (i think i did on
> the first mail ..). Anyway i will have to change the options name and
> add some user doc at some point in order to make all the changes
> visible and obvious.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. I liked the new rule,
specially the fact that it reproduces how the game is played in certain
regions of the world, like where Jeremy lives, for example :) It gives a
new dimension for players of Shisen-Sho, and it almost creates a new
puzzle type. But this must of course be properly documented, and I think
it should also be labeled differently, not only as a setting to allow
tiles to slide imo. Maybe you could find out the name of this variation,
or we can label it as "Use Chinese sliding rules" or something like
that, like you did with the matching option. This will indicate to the
player that the rules of the game are slightly different under this
variation, and the documentation will describe this in more detail.

As for the matching option, given the fact that artwork is shared with
KMahjongg and most likely with other mahjongg games in the future, I
suppose we can set the chinese matching conditions as the default, as it
is really how the tiles were supposed to be used. This would make
matching consistent between the two games, what do you think?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini