[Kde-games-devel] volity.net (games in SVG)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Sep 27 15:13:46 CEST 2006

Hello.

I was in the kdegames BoF at akademy.

One was talking about making game in SVG and Javascript

I would like to point out the existence of the volity.net project
http://volity.net

This is a project to build games in SVG and ECMA script, it's working around
XMPP technology to give network integration.

The client is actually in java, and it's not very beautiful nor really
integrated into KDE.

Maybe a KDE client for that would be cool.  KDE has already almost all
required to built that: ksvg, kjs, ...   now, i don't know if that will work
out of the box.

Due to the fact that they use Jabber ID to initiate games, it would be easily
integrated into Jabber applications like Kopete.
The iris library could be used for the XMPP layer (which is the library we use
in Kopete)

If someone is interested to built a KDE client for that stuff, i could help
for the XMPP layer.

Anyway, even if you don't want to SVG games, or follow volity.net project,  I
suggest you to consider using XMPP as network layer for your games.

--
Olivier (aka Gof)

PS: I am not linked at all with the volity.net project.