[Kde-games-devel] A deb package for KsirK 1.6

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Sep 27 22:01:41 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Le mardi 26 septembre 2006 20:36, Dmitry Suzdalev a écrit :
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 01:19, Kleag wrote:
> Here's some fun I had ;-).
Hum, that should be better, I must agree :-)

> First here's the output of "dpkg -i ksirk-bla-bla.deb":
>
> Unpacking ksirk (from ./ksirk_1.6_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ksirk:
>  ksirk depends on kdelibs4 (>= 4:3.3.2-6.4); however:
>   Package kdelibs4 is not installed.
>  ksirk depends on libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.4); however:
>   Package libqt3c102-mt is not installed.
> dpkg: error processing ksirk (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  ksirk
Christian ?

> As you see there were some dependancy issues. Although I can run ksirk.
> After starting it I  can see the colorful map with countries, an empty pane
> below it and several buttons.
> I'm not sure what to do next. Perhaps I should read game manual first. Or
> maybe something had gone wrong and I'm not seeing some essential widget? :)
No, no, KsirK GUI is just "uncluttered" :-) Usually, I prefer KDE apps where
all the powerful stuff is just visible and available from menu AND toolbar,
but I set up this game like that since the very beginning.
Well, even if each button has a tootip, I have added to the TODO file to add
an information dialog at game launch (with a "do not show again" checkbox)
explaining basic gameplay. Maybe some more info in the messages panel could
also be useful ?

> Also a debug output complained about absence of player name.
> And I noticed "%1, %2" etc in debug strings. Some arguments to QString::arg
> are missing maybe?
This is already corrected in the Subversion repository

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards,

Kleag

--