[Kde-games-devel] KReversi scaling

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:03:40 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 19:49, mauricio at tabuleiro.com wrote:
> Hey, man! Good job on scaling!
Thanks! :-D

> It is very smooth here on my machine,
> probably because the svgs are really small!
Well, I do notice a small lag when resizing here and what's interesting I
began to notice it when I redone bkgnd redrawing - it was before I
implemented svg scaling. So I suspect that svg-scaling goes pretty quick and
the bottleneck is somewhere in bkgnd drawing.
Oh! I have an idea. I disable backgound pixmap painting and see how it does...
And profiler is my friend :).

> For those who have not seen it, Dmitry added scaling support to KReversi
> earlier today. We still need a good svg board, but basic support is
> already there.
Yes, that makes my a bit lazy: I'm not sure whether I should hack around all
that nifty font-metrics-sizes-margins tricks when I know that soon they won't
be needed - they'll be replaced with nice svg background and svg board... :)

Cheers, Dmitry.