[Kde-games-devel] Kdegames poll

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Tue Oct 17 06:44:11 CEST 2006

Hi, guys. I was chatting with dimsuz and pinotree on #kdegames about the
next steps outlined in the BoF meeting. To refresh the memory:

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDEgames+Akademy+2006+BOF+Notes

One of the items is a poll to help us measure the games that are more
popular and need more attention to be in shape for KDE4. dimsuz is
updating the maintainer information, and the poll can help us focus our
collective energies in deciding among others

a) which games we absolutely need to maintain
b) which games we can drop if a maintainer is not found
c) what the users want us to improve on the games

At the same time, we need to keep the number of questions low,
preferrably 5 or 6 at most, in order to get meaningful results from a
larger user base. We can maybe run a more detailed survey in the future,
depending on the results we get.

My suggestion is to use a survey tool like phpESP or phpSurveyor. I
asked about the ability to install this on one of kde.org servers and I
am waiting for an answer from the sysadmins. If it is not possible I
guess I can install it on a test server, just for this survey.

If you want to try it, I created a small test survey in the phpESP demo
server, hopefully it will live for 24 hours or so. Try it at

http://phpesp.sourceforge.net/demo/public/survey.php?name=KDEGames

This is of course just a starting point, please take a look at the
questions and suggest improvements for the "real" poll.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini