[Kde-games-devel] KGameCanvas

Maurizio Monge maurizio.monge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:42:24 CEST 2006

Hi,
As main author of the KGameCanvas, i confirm what Mauricio just said :)
Basically KGameCanvas is a very lightweight canvas that may solve
problems of the QGV (slowness, complexity, etc), but it is not
optimized to
handle millions of items.
That said, for board games it proved to be very fast.
It is the "thing between a QPainter and the QGV" :)

> BTW, the KGameCanvas class is still under development. I found out that
> for kdegames needs we need some additions, methods to delete and remove
> members explicitally, for example.
Ouch, i think the problem is that the documentation is not clear enough
about this :)
To put an item out and in an abstract canvas, you just have to call
Item::putInCanvas, doing so the item is removed from the current canvas,
and if the argument is not NULL it is also inserted in another canvas.

--
Ciao
Maurizio

"Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun" (John Lennon)