[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku and kde-games

Burkhard Lehner Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de
Sat Nov 25 11:18:53 CET 2006

Hi, all,

I think Ian's (or Ian's wife's respectively) idea with different pen colors
sounds very good! Easy to understand, and another advantage: You can see
easily what happened since the last "checkpoint". So you can also see if the
"error" might have happened before that checkpoint.

The only difficulty is how to have so many different colors, while at the
same time there is highlighting in different colors. Maybe one could try to
use some other visual effect, e.g. a colored border around the cells, a
different font or something like that. Maybe one could also change the
highlighting to not fill the complete background of the cells, but only draw
a border around the row, column and box.

I have one question about the "red" numbers. Whenever I put in a wrong
number, that one turns red. So it is quite easy to cheat: I just try all the
numbers until I get one that doesn't turn red! :-)
Wouldn't it be better to show the numbers in red only if a real conflict
happens? And in that case, maybe the two (or more) conflicting cells should
be painted in red (maybe flashing or some other animated effect). Just a
suggestion, I don't know how complicated that might be to implement.

Bye,
Burkhard