[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku and kde-games

Burkhard Lehner Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de
Fri Nov 24 00:00:47 CET 2006

Hi,

2006/11/23, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au>:

> From: Burkhard Lehner, Thursday, November 23
> > I think the user should be able to use only the
> > keyboard, or only the mouse.
> >
> I really like the way the keyboard and mouse work
> together in the present (released) version of KSudoku.
> I can work with one hand on the mouse and one on the
> K/B, using the mouse to point, explore and select, and
> the K/B to enter numbers.  It is very fast and it is how
> the mouse was originally designed to be used, by
> Xerox PARC, the inventors of mouse, windows, etc.

Maybe it was intended to be used that way, but face the truth, noone still
uses it that way! You use both hands (and all your ten fingers) to type text
on the keyboard, and whenever you need the point somewhere with the mouse,
you have to remove your hands from the keyboard and grab the mouse.
Especially if you are a right hander (as the majority of mankind), you
usually have the mouse to the right of your keyboard. Using the numeric
keypad for the numbers with the LEFT hand is somewhat weird!

At least for me it is more natural and more comfortable to either keep both
hands on the keyboard, or use only the mouse. And also because of
accessibility it is better not to insist on using both the keyboard AND the
mouse.

Burkhard