[Kde-games-devel] extracting atlantik game server framework for a global KDEgames server product.

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Thu Nov 23 09:46:47 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 22. November 2006 05:59 schrieb Mathieu Jobin:
> Kleag, I'll be happy to hear about your research about doing it through
> Jabber protocol. One way or another, we are gonna need integration with
> Kopete to invite people for playing.

I had set Kopete integration explicitely on the Kopete BoF schedule for
aKademy. Unfortunately, the BoF was interrupted in the middle since the
university buildings somehow close down around midnight (how do they dare!)
and so we never really discussed this in depth.
Since the BoF was on IRC maybe we should bug the Kopete people to schedule it
again.

One of my points was to separate the chat application from the panel notifier
so you could more easily reuse the panel thingie from games. But since there
is a lot of new projects arising in this area (Galago, Telepathy, Decimal,
Akonadi among others) I'm not sure what the best way of handling this will
be. We're already quite advanced with KDE 4 development yet still at the
beginning for such simple and small issues.

Josef