[Kde-games-devel] KSame status

Henrique Pinto henrique.pinto at kdemail.net
Mon Nov 13 17:52:01 CET 2006

Hi Mauricio,

On Mon 13 Nov 2006 13:08, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Hi, Henrique. The version I saw already has the newer graphics (minus
> background) by Johann, checked a few hours ago. It is so much better
> looking than the old version, it almost looks like a different game. And
> imo resizing speed is ok as it is.

Johann's graphics rock, thanks Johann!
Resizing speed is acceptable here too, but there's still a noticeable delay
when resizing. I'll try to optimize it a little bit.

> My only suggestion is, of course, a not-so-simple one... The one feature
> I miss in KSame is better feedback when pieces are removed, so you can
> see exactly what is happening with the board. This helps people
> understand the game better as well (well, it is not that complex, but...)
> To see what I mean by this, launch klickety and remove a group. I am
> talking about the small animation that occurs after you click. It is ok
> imo to make the clicked balls vanish immediately, but I miss the little
> animation showing how the other elements fall or get squeezed to the
> side when something gets removed. As it is right now sometimes it just
> seems that balls have "jumped" from one place to another, depending on
> the shape of the group removed, and sometimes it is not exactly clear
> how they ended up in a given location.
> If you could somehow get this into KSame I believe it will enhance the
> game experience greatly. Since you are now using QGV, maybe you could
> borrow some code from katomic, which already has animations for the
> atoms when they slide?

Yes, I think the animations would be a nice addition. I had already though
about that, and it would not be difficult to add them, but it would not be
trivial either, and there are some small yet important things to fix still.
So, animations are coming, but exactly when is still uncertain, depends on
my amount of free time.

> ps- if you have time, login to #kdegames or #kde-brasil one of these
> days, I would like to talk to you about FISL 8, maybe we can do
> something related to kdegames for it.

My nick there is stampede.

--
	Henrique Pinto