[Kde-games-devel] Status: Lskat

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sun Nov 5 17:46:41 CET 2006

> I was hoping the move to SVG would not mean throwing out the old themes,
> which are a mix of retro (bad) and classic (good, just old).

I agree with you, it does not mean throwing out the old art necessarily,
but someone has to volunteer to convert them to the new format, and the
game developer has to add support for loading different
themes/graphicsets in the game.

Currently we are not tackling this issue of loading differente graphic
sets in some games (yet), but it should be an option. But how to handle
it is probably not equal for all games.

In the case of KMahjongg I will add the option of configuring the
background and tilesets individually, and the same is probably the
option to be used for card, tile or board games. In the case of
something like katomic, kwin4 or kbattleship we should probably have a
configure setting that changes the whole appearance at once.

Maybe someone could make the "classic" katomic SVG, so we can see how
well this works in practice?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini