[Kde-games-devel] KSame

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:37:21 CET 2006

2. What's the practical difference between
> QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied
> and QImage::Format_ARGB32? I see both are used to successfully load svgs -
> first in katomic,kmahjongg,kreversi, second in kpat. What's better to use?
> Why?

i found a Zack answer ;)

> For QImage, I was not sure whether to use ARGB32 or
> ARGB32_PreMultiplied. The compat method setAlphaBuffer sets ARGB32
> (the docs don't say so, but the code does), so I used that.

"It depends what you need. If you need a pure argb32 format then you
picked correctly.
Premultiplied is going to be faster (on X11 even more so because on
XRender we use premultiplied colors). So if you can (meaning if the
underlying code can deal with premultplied alpha) try to use
premultiplied argb32, it's going to be quite a bit faster.

Zack"