[Kde-games-devel] atlantik

Joscha Arenz joscha at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Mar 29 18:50:34 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. März 2006 20:17 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> Now i see your patch seems it is against 3.5 branch, that is feature frozen
> and what you sent can hardly be seen as a bugfix, so it can not go in.
> So you should port that patch to trunk (what will be KDE4) but i think
> atlantik still does not compile there. (my KDE4 installation is a bit
> flacky right now so i can not test)

Sorry i wasn't completly familar with kdes release und feature-freeze cycles.
I will migrate the patches to trunk/atlantik when its kde/qt 4 ready.

> That could be a nice start to improve your knowledge of atlantik, make it
> compile with KDE4.
>
> If you take the task, you'll need to setup an environment to develop with
> KDE4, etc, if you have any question do not hesitate to ask.

Ok, qt-copy and kdelibs compiled fine after some tweaking of cmake. Atlantik
uses the deprecated KExtendedSocket and have to rewritten to use
KBufferedSocket. ATM i'm studying the Sources of kopete to get some knowledge
of KBufferedSocket. I hope to provide some patches for atlantik-kde4 soon.

joscha