[Kde-games-devel] KZoomMainWindow and adjustSize() tale :)

Nicolas aazhyd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:21:28 CEST 2006

On 7/31/06, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several things to note:
> - why is KZoomMainWindow _explicitly_ defined three times in three
> games, rather than being in libkdegames?

First off I'm probably the one responsible for this class and I guess
I didn't bother to put it into libkdegames... Also I must admit that
it took me quite a bit of time to have this functionality in Qt3 (I
tried lots of different ways to achieve that; hopefully it's easier in
Qt4).

> - is the 2. worth it? That's not a lot funtionality to put it in
> common shared class, wont it be easier to add two slots
> (zoomIn/zoomOut)+three variables(minZoom,maxZoom,zoom) to games that
> need it and be done?

It's up to you really. I don't put any more work in ksirtet and kmines
due to lack of time and motivation. I'm working on other projects in
my spare time.
Maybe it's a small amout of code but the idea of sharing code is also
to save time for developers so they don't have to solve the same
problems again and again or to look for "solutions" in other
programs...

Regards,
Nicolas