[Kde-games-devel] KGame/KPlayer API usability in kdegames

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Jul 10 18:24:39 CEST 2006

Alle 18:01, lunedì, 10. luglio 2006, Dmitry Suzdalev ha scritto:
> Oh... What to do then? Always post to both lists to get some audience? :)
> I'd love to see all game-related questions in corresponding mailing list,
> but *sigh* atm it takes sooo long to get an answer...

Maybe a lot of new developers are on kde-devel who don't know that
kde-games-devel exists. Whoever reads this and feels like he/she's one of
those, please subscribe now :)

> > Don't blame me, if Qt4's canvas replacement doesn't support event filters
> > anymore.
>
> I don't blame you at all ;). Nor anyone else :).

A lot of the "requirements engineering" towards Qt features could probably
need more input from game developers. Usually, during KDE meetings (such as
aKademy), there are very few games people. Personally, I've eagerly awaited
QGraphicsView but admittedly lacked the time to try it out so far. If there's
something missing, make sure to bring it to the trolls' attention.

Josef