[Kde-games-devel] kbackgammon

Daren kdegames at spamguard.allmail.net
Fri Dec 1 01:56:56 CET 2006

Hi,

I've ported kbackgammon to KDE4, and added a computer opponent. The
original author didn't respond to my email, and I see there is no
maintainer listed on the wiki, so I'm writing to this list.

I've put a source tarball and an executable here:
http://daren.fastmail.fm/kbackgammon/index.html

I didn't put a diff, because I've added and removed files and svn diff
complained. If anyone wants one I'd be glad to try again to produce one.

Two points:
1. the computer opponent isn't very good yet, but I'll improve it.
2. to change the game type, select through Move->Engine. That used to be
sufficient, but now it's not--as a temporary fix I've added a 'change
game type button'. (I think a better fix is to put the game type under
Settings).

I hope this is useful, I really think kbackgammon should be part of
kde4. (I could maintain the game if need be.)

Comments appreciated.

Regards  --  Daren Sawkey.
daren at sawkey dot net