[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Aug 16 21:06:10 CEST 2006

Hello Mauricio and others,

Le lundi 14 août 2006 04:42, mauricio at tabuleiro.com a écrit :
> > I was also thinking along the lines of the vector graphics. Is this
> > something
> > we should generally enhance?
>
> This is something I believe could improve the overall look of the games
> and helps us attract new designers. I am all for it.
>
> > Do we have people with artisitc abilities which can polish up the games
> > graphics?
>
> I will start this week, trying to adapt KMahjongg to accept vector tiles,
> as an experiment. For this, I will use the tileset I posted about last

> I showed current games to my wife and another designer that works with us.
> The first comment I got was regarding the LCD numbers... As you can
> imagine, most designers find those horrible, and difficult to integrate
> with nice backgrounds and game art. They are not also very legible,
> Well, I am volunteering to gradually evaluate and propose graphic
> enhancements to kdegames for KDE4. I was discussing this already with Ian
> for Kgoldrunner, but I believe I should start with something simpler, like
> the Kmahjongg vector tile support.

KsirK is not currently in kdegames, but I plan to propose it after its port
to KDE4+KGV and SVG. In fact, it lacks a lot good graphics and any immediate
help would be very appreciated :-)

Regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer