[Kde-games-devel] QGV

Maurizio Monge maurizio.monge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:21:37 CEST 2006

You may want to give a look at this, that i wrote for my project, because
i had been frustrated by QGV too :)
  http://kboard.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Canvas
it does little more that using directly a QWidget+QPainter, but should be
much easer to manage complicated things, and it is very stable.
Just download it and give a look at the demo and at the docs (yes, there
are docs too :) so you'll unsterstand if it could be ok for you.

On 8/14/06, mauricio at tabuleiro.com <mauricio at tabuleiro.com> wrote:
> For quick paced games like Kgoldrunner there are still some rough edges in
> QGraphicsView that I am trying to figure it out how to avoid. If you leave
> redraw management to the scene it sometimes is not very smart about dirty
> spaces, and you get hiccups as half of the screen is updated. So proceed
> with caution when porting :) Depending on the game it might be better to
> simple use QWidget and QPainter directly, and manage your own updates.
> There is some more QGV feedback on qt4-preview-feedback, including a
> couple of QCanvas replacement classes that do not use it.
>
> I believe there is time for adjustments and I am posting my findings to
> Trolltech, via the preview feedback and also using my commercial support.
>
> However, in the last two days I found myself spending more time trying to
> figure out what is happening inside QGV and less time working on my code,
> so it is kind of frustrating. Guess it is normal when working with
> pre-release stuff, just wanted to share my frustration.
>
> Regards,
> Mauricio

Ciao
Maurizio

"Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun" (John Lennon)