[Kde-games-devel] QGV

mauricio at tabuleiro.com mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Aug 14 04:51:46 CEST 2006

For quick paced games like Kgoldrunner there are still some rough edges in
QGraphicsView that I am trying to figure it out how to avoid. If you leave
redraw management to the scene it sometimes is not very smart about dirty
spaces, and you get hiccups as half of the screen is updated. So proceed
with caution when porting :) Depending on the game it might be better to
simple use QWidget and QPainter directly, and manage your own updates.
There is some more QGV feedback on qt4-preview-feedback, including a
couple of QCanvas replacement classes that do not use it.

I believe there is time for adjustments and I am posting my findings to
Trolltech, via the preview feedback and also using my commercial support.

However, in the last two days I found myself spending more time trying to
figure out what is happening inside QGV and less time working on my code,
so it is kind of frustrating. Guess it is normal when working with
pre-release stuff, just wanted to share my frustration.

Regards,
Mauricio